FACULTY QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
Faculty of Technological Studies
FQAC of the Faculty of Technological Studies comprises of a committee of academic staff members under the purview of Dean of the faculty. FQAC regularly plans and monitors quality assurance activities and give guidance on good practices among staff and students of the faculty in liaison with other related units and committees within the faculty such as Curriculum a Development Committee and Research Committee. FQAC Coordinator regularly reports to the Faculty Board on the quality assurance activities. FQAC is responsible for writing self- evaluation reports (SER) for external reviews for the faculty in Programme Review and assisting the University in Institutional Review. The aim of the FQAC is to ensure the quality of academic output of the faculty by monitoring the compliance with policies and by laws, and to promote the best practices in academic and administrative processes. Best practices identified in several criteria which were developed by the Quality Assurance Council (QAC) and the University Grant Commission (UGC) and established national accreditation for university programs. The standards were created by quality specialists mostly from the academic and industrial sectors, and they provide a foundation for building quality systems as well as making customer-visible quality initiatives.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
- To facilitate implementation of QA related policies of the University.
- To promote quality enhancement activities (Academic Quality Enhancement Framework) within the faculty liaising with Departments and faculty sub committees.
- To liaise with the CQA, QAC of University Grants Commission and the University Grants Commission in facilitating the conduct of external programme reviews in the faculty.
- To facilitate implementation of follow-up actions recommended in institution/programme review reports, monitor progress in their implantation and report to the QAMC in this regard.
- To liaise with quality assurance bodies in other higher educational institutions, to share good practices and enhance the quality of higher education in the faculty.
- To support and monitor implementation of learning activities and assessments that promote the development of socio-emotional skills among students.
- To facilitate preparation of self-evaluation reports for programme reviews.
- Monitoring the student feedback mechanism for both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
- The FQAC shall co-ordinate the preparation of the Annual Work Plan for the Faculty FQAC and a Strategic Plan for QA activities for the faculty.
- The FQAC shall ensure the necessary academic regulations/By–laws are in place, within the faculty if not make recommendation for remedial action.
- The FQAC shall maintain a repository of evidence at faculty level for the Institutional Reviews and Programme Reviews.
Composition of the Coordinating Committee
- Dean/Faculty of Technological Studies as the Chair
- Head/Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Coordinator/Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Chairperson/Curriculum Development Committee
- Chairperson/Research Committee
- Chairperson/Industry Training and Placement Committee
- Deputy Proctor
- Student Counselors
- Two Academic representatives
- Senior Assistant Librarian
- Assistant Registrar /Faculty of Technological Studies as the Secretary of the committee
|1.||Mr.S.S.Suthaharan||Dean, Chairperson, Chairperson Curriculum Development|
|2.||Mr.V.Senthooran||Head/DICT, Coordinator/FQAC, Chairperson/Research Committee|
|6.||Ms.J.Niroshi||Coordinator/Sports Advisory Board|
|9.||Mr.P.Krishnanathan||Acting Assistant Registrar, Secretary/FQAC|